There is just one version that runs on mission-critical professional environments and student laptops, giving you an upper edge, when it comes to audio editing, mixing, remixing, and mastering. REAPER is a toolset that works exactly the way the digital electronic equipment works, but on a computer. It is also known to be the most stable software used by professionals as well as newbie's because it is easier to learn and also has the power and potential that professionals desire from such systems. This is not all, as it is compatible with a vast array of hardware, digital plug-ins and formats, and can be extended and modified by developers in an unlimited number of ways, making it limitless in true sense.
The first edge is that Reaper is super-efficient in nature as it is tightly coded, small and loads fast enough to be booted from portable devices like thumb drives or even used over the network cable. Thus, it delivers all that beastly performance with a very small footprint.
- It offers multi-channel support with powerful audio & MIDI routing capabilities. This is responsible for better audio editing and seamless track management that is of utmost importance for professionals.
- The internal audio processing occurs in 64 bits and the same is used to record, import and export to and from various audio formats used in the industry.
- MIDI is thoroughly supported and made compatible with all kinds of hardware and software used by professionals all over the world.
Third Party Support
When it relies on open source, it also becomes essential to provide support and integration of third party software, plug-ins and extensions that extend the capabilities of the package. It supports quite a good number of virtual instruments through VST, VST3, DX, JX and AU. It is blessed with over hundreds of studio quality effects for processing audio and MIDI clips apart from built-in tools that allow making custom effects a breeze. This also opens up further possibilities that allow scripting and coding your custom needs into the engine.
The latest version offered by the developers is Reaper 5.11 and is available for Windows and Mac only. It provides a 60 days free trial and various purchase schemes ranging from $60 to $225.
Reaper also requires constant evolution as new technologies come up so that it can deliver the best, always. It is, indeed, a powerful software.
Changes on the new version:
- FX: ignore monitoring FX windows when cascading other FX windows
- Lyrics: fix display in web remote with multiple lyrics per beat
- Lyrics: fix initial size of lyrics.lua window
- Lyrics: increase font size for current lyric in lyrics.lua
- Lyrics: reduce lyrics.lua CPU usage
- MIDI editor: update snap-to-key checkbox when switching MIDI items
- ReaScript: support ending multiple submenus at once
- Render: support $namecount wildcard when rendering media items...
REAPER Reviews (Add your review!)
Add your review!